Friday, May 24, 2013

May 17, 2013

When I arrived at the storehouse, I checked the produce and also turned the cooler and freezer lights on; I then pared some dirty leaves from a few heads of cabbage and lettuce so to make them presentable.

After the paring was completed, I helped Elder Woolf's mom, who is also called Sister Woolf or Grandma Woolf, put apples into bags and seal the bags for a short period of time.

Once Sister Woolf arrived with three of her grandsons in tow, I got the very wonderful opportunity to work with/teach Sister Woolf's five year-old grandson, Nate. Nate helped me stock quite a few of the bottom shelves with products that were light enough for him to lift and he also helped check cans for dents.

Every time I get to work with kids at the storehouse, I feel like I am being a mother figure even if it is only for short periods of time and I am also proud to be a missionary.

Blessed be the children...

No comments:

Post a Comment