Monday, May 6, 2013

May 3, 2013

I got to the building early in a taxi and Mona let me into the storehouse through the Field Office. Sister Woolf wasn't there that day, as she was helping with her family, but Gallups, Elder Woolf, and two volunteers; one named Anne Murray and one young man were there.

After prayer, I took stuff off of the shelves and cleaned them while Anne and Sister Gallup did some other shelves together. While the shelf cleaning was going on, Sister McMahon called the storehouse and explained that because Elder McMahon was sick, she would be coming in alone the next day and wouldn't be able to come and get me and asked if I could take a cab to the storehouse. I, of course, agreed and told Sister McMahon not to worry.

Also during the cleaning, I told Sister Gallup and Anne about my disabilities and explained that some people are not so kind to me when they know about them. Sister Gallup said I was a child of God and Anne told me to be kind to myself. They are, of course, both very correct in what they said.

After we all finished cleaning, Gallups took me with them and went by the soup kitchen before dropping me off downtown so I could wait for the bus back to the west side.

No comments:

Post a Comment